- Assist state PMPs by providing a clearinghouse of information, evaluation results and tools, statistics, epidemiological examinations, and other materials relevant to PMP administrators, state and federal policy makers, and analysts.
- Advance the methodology for assessing PMP effectiveness and undertake and encourage program analysis and evaluation to identify and improve the benefits of PMPs.
- In collaboration with the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) and the Alliance of States with Prescription Monitoring Programs (ASPMP), provide survey data, statistical analysis and evaluation to develop a compendium of PMP best practices.
- With BJA and the ASPMP, develop methods and vehicles for states to report-out on PMP operations and effectiveness.
- Provide support to states and federal agencies in the use of Clearinghouse/Center of Excellence materials, data, and tools.