The COE will be publishing links to video, audio and other media broadcasts that detail topics related to PMP formation, drug addiction and diversion. They include eyewitness testimony and experiences of those involved in legislation and education efforts, as well as personal accounts of losses sustained as a result of drug abuse.
We are looking to build our media library. Please contact us with additions you would like us to consider.
- NPR's "On Point" addresses the prevalence of ADHD medication among college students in Adderall on Campus, on February 6, 2013.
- WBUR's Tom Ashbrook moderates a panel of journalists in an "On Point" discussion, The Prescription Drug Epidemic, on May 12, 2011.
- Dr. Elizabeth Perkins, a rheumatologist with Brookwood Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama, is interviewed by Fox News, May 19, 2010 on the topic of prescription drug abuse and PMPs.
- Katie Couric of CBS News interviews Steve Pasierb of Partnership for a Drug-Free America on the problem of teenagers and prescription drug abuse, November 27, 2007.
- Nancy Kueter's House testimony helps pass PMP legislation in South Dakota, March 12, 2010.
- ABC News report on prescription drug monitoring efforts in Cleveland, Ohio, April 15, 2010.
Prescription Drugs: Killing More Than Pain, an hour long documentary sponsored by Multijurisdictional Counterdrug Task Force Training (MCTFT)/CADCA.