Mission and Scope of Work
The PDMP Center of Excellence seeks to end the prescription drug abuse epidemic in the United States without compromising accepted standards of pain management or the legitimate prescribing of controlled substances. In collaboration with the PDMP Training and Technical Assistance Center (TTAC) at Brandeis University, the Center provides academically sound and practice-relevant information, evaluation, and expertise to PDMPs and their stakeholders.
Our work includes:
- Evaluation and optimization: advance the methodology for assessing PDMP effectiveness; undertake and encourage program evaluation to identify, improve and extend the applications of PDMPs.
- Identifying best practices: provide survey data, statistical analysis and evaluation to develop a compendium of PDMP best practices.
- Performance measure analysis: work with federal stakeholders and PDMPs to compile and analyze PDMP performance measures while improving the quality and consistency of performance measure data and reports.
- Encouraging innovative uses of PDMP data: identify and encourage new applications of PDMP data in areas such as medical practice, drug abuse treatment and prevention, and criminal justice.
- Information analysis and dissemination: assist state PDMPs by providing a clearinghouse of information, evaluation results and tools, statistics, epidemiological studies, and other materials relevant to PDMP administrators, state and federal policy makers, and analysts.
- Analytical support: provide support to states and federal agencies in the use of clearinghouse documents and Center of Excellence materials, data, and tools.